Belkin.Range - Setting up the Belkin Range Extender
Belkin International is an American-based manufacturer of simple, easy-to-use, and innovative consumer electronics specializing in connectivity devices. It provides the users with a wide range of consumer and commercial products, including accessories for iPod and iPhone, routers, mobile computing accessories, network switches, hubs, cables, and many more. Belkin is known for providing its users with high-tech technical products to make it easier for them to fulfill their day-to-day tasks without facing any issues.
Belkin Wi-Fi range extenders serve as a boon for all those who are facing Wi-Fi range issues in their home or offices. Belkin extenders are counted amongst the best range extenders available in the market today. However, users often find it quite challenging to set up their range extenders via Belkin.range. Therefore, for all such users, we have given the stepwise setup procedure for Belkin range extenders via Ethernet cable.
How to setup Belkin Range Extender using an Ethernet cable
Follow all the below-written instructions carefully to set up your Belkin range extender via Belkin.range in a straightforward manner:-
- First of all, it is necessary for all the users to connect their Belkin range extender to their computer using an Ethernet cable. So, plug the extender in the electrical outlet using the extender’s power chord.
- Then, make sure that your computer device is connected with a strong and smooth Wi-Fi connection.
- After this, open any of your preferred internet browsers to access the web-based setup page of the extender.
- Now, go to the address bar and enter “Belkin.range,” and press the enter key.
- After this, follow the on-screen instructions and then click on the Wi-Fi network name to which the computer is connected.
- Once you see your network name, click on it and then hit the “Next” button.
- Now a new window will pop-up indicating, “Password is required to join this network.”
- Here, enter the wireless network password of your router and then click the “Next” button.
- After this, a page will show up confirming the new network name and password that you will be using for your extended network.
- Note: all the users should make sure that the new network name is different from the other router’s network name to avoid further conflicts or confusion and follow further instructions to complete the setup.
Hence by using the above steps, all the users can easily set up their Belkin Wi-Fi range extender via Belkin.range.
How to setup Belkin range extender with WPS key
There are two ways through which the users can do Belkin Setup using the WPS key. We have discussed both of the methods below:-
Note: Before beginning with the procedure, we recommend you to change the security mode of your Wireless Router to WPA/WPA2. After this, set up for a WPS Pin and write down the default PIN of the current wireless router.
WPS PIN Method:
- Firstly, make sure that the router is powered on and connected to a smooth working internet.
- Now, open your web browser and enter “Belkin.range” in the address bar and press the enter key.
- Now login to the Belkin extender and go to the extended Network settings and click in WPS (Wi-Fi protected Setup).
- Now, in the next step, type your PIN in the given box and click on the “Enroll” button.
- Now, wait for the next 2 minutes until the Belkin Extender gets connected with the main wireless router.
WPS PBS Method:
This method is known as WPS PBC (Puss Button Configuration). It requires a WPS key on both devices to push and enable the WPS setup. However, some Wireless routers do not have a physical key, while some have it under the setup console. This is for all those who have a WPS on their wireless router.
Note: the users are suggested to keep the extender near their router while performing the setup procedure. Now the users are all set to proceed with the setup.
- First of all, turn on the Belkin Extender and Press the WPS key located on the extender and hold it for about 3-5 seconds. It will initiate the WPS setup. After this, you will see the WPS light flashing on your extender.
- After this, go to the main wireless router and press the WPS key on it for a few minutes.
- Now, the router and the extender will exchange the security authentication, and after this, the extender should be connected to the wireless router.
How to reset Belkin Range Extender
It is surprisingly easy to reset a Belkin range extender to its default factory settings. Thus, follow the below-listed instructions to reset your Belkin range extender in a few minutes:-
- Firstly, plug in the extender with a power source.
- After this, look for the Belkin reset hole (key) at the bottom of the extender.
- Now, press and hold the button for 8-10 seconds till all the extender lights start flashing.
- After this, release the reset button and wait for around 30 seconds.
- Now, reboot the Belkin range extender using the power outlet.
- After this, set up the extender by following the steps given in the previous sections.
In this write-up, we provided the easiest Belkin setup process via Belkin.range. Thus, after following the methods given in this write-up, all the users can easily set up their Belkin range extender via Ethernet cable or wirelessly.