Belkin router setup
This is an in-depth guide of the Belkin router setup. Every detail of the setup process is clearly stated below. Make sure you follow each step cautiously to avoid errors.
Different Methods that You can Opt for your Belkin Router Setup
There are many ways available for setting up your Belkin router. You can either opt for a manual Belkin router setup or through a setup CD. The processes for all the methods are easy and straight-forward. To make it simpler and hassle-free, we are providing our users with a complete procedure for all the available methods of the router setup.
➥ Manual Configuration (through Web-based Setup page)
- The first step is to remove your router’s power cable from the electric outlet.
- After that, take an ethernet cable and connect it to your modem and router.
- Next to this, you have to connect both the devices to the power socket. The power light of both devices will now be lit.
- Now, with the help of Ethernet cable or wireless network connection, link your Belkin router and computer. For the wireless method, you have to use the default credentials that are printed on the bottom of the router.
- Note: You can also use your smart device for the Belkin router setup. For the smartphone setup, connect your phone with the Belkin router by using the default SSID and password.
- When a successful connection is formed, you need to move to your computer system and access a web browser. Enter the default IP Address of your router in the address field to perform the web-based Belkin router login. Alternatively, you type “http://router” in the address field instead of an IP Address.
- Once you reach the desired webpage, log in to your router account. For logging in, you will get the password field which should be filled with the default password.
- In the next window, click the provided tab so that your router can connect with the internet service provider. After it gets completed, you might get a screen for providing the username and password or to restart your modem.
- Now, the search for the latest version of firmware will commence. If available, it will be installed on your router.
- Next to this, the window for customizing the network settings will come into view. Provide a name to your network, secure it with a password, and provide its security type. Click “Save” to confirm the settings.
- The router registration screen will now introduce. Click “Register” and fill the form for the successful completion of the setup process.
➥ Using Belkin Router Setup CD
- Initiate the process by unplugging the modem from the power outlet and connecting it to the router. After connectivity, plugin both the devices to the power source.
- Before you step ahead with the setup process, you must be aware of the default SSID and password of your Belkin router. These credentials can be found in the lower panel of your router.
- Now, take the Belkin router setup CD and insert it into the CD drive.
- The setup wizard will turn off automatically. However, if it doesn’t, then open it manually.
- In the next screen that prompts, click “Setup”.
- You will then be asked to invade the SSID and password of your Belkin router. The credentials that you need to enter here are the default credentials. Click “Next” once you are done with entering them.
- The Belkin router setup process now commence. Taking a time of a minute or two, the process will come to an end. On the completion, the Successful message will show up on your screen.
Learn to Check the Wireless Settings of your Belkin Router
It is important to keep a check on the wireless settings of your router. Whenever you want to connect your device to a wireless network, you must be aware of its settings. In order to know the settings of your Belkin or to update the settings, you are needed to perform the below-stated process.
- To start off the process, check and ensure that your router is switched on and is connected to your computer system.
- Then, launch a web browser on your device and fill in its address field with the default IP Address of your router.
- The Login window will now prompt on your screen. To step ahead, enter the router administration password in the placed field. In case you have not changed the password, then you have to enter the default password here.
- As you click “Submit”, the home page of the router account will come into view.
- From the left-hand panel, choose the “Channel and SSID” option to get the SSID of your router. However, for the password and security key, click the “Security” option.
- The details will now appear on your screen. You can now note down the details of your wireless network and make the required changes.