belkin range extender setup
Detailed procedure for belkin range extender setup
- Commence the belkin range extender setup by unboxing the extender and removing all the necessary packaging material. After this, if your extender has antennas, then insert it accordingly for the proper functioning of your range extender.
- Once you are done with the hardware setup of the belkin range extender, take your belkin extender and plug it into the power outlet. Here, you need to ensure that the electric socket in which you are plugging the extender is in a running state and is giving proper power supply.
- Now, you are required to form a safe and secure network connection.You have two distinct methods for establishing the connection.
- The first one is through the Wired connection and for this you have to take the Ethernet cable and hook up into your computer as well as your router.
- Or you can go with the Wi-Fi connection method to generate the connection. For this, you have to connect to the default wi-fi connection network which is Belkin.Setup and then click Connect option.
- Once you have completed the configuration part you will notice that the Extender LED light will start blinking.
- Get ready with the upgraded version of internet browser and then type in the Belkin’s web based web URL which is http://Belkin.range and hit the Enter key from your keyboard. Alternatively, you can also utilize the IP Address of Belkin login which is https://192.168.206.1.
- As a result, it will redirect you to the new page, where you have to opt for the Get Started button. Along with this, you can also opt for your preferred language from the drop-down menu box.
- Following that, pick up the wireless network that you are using at present from the available network connection. After opting for the wireless connection that you want to extend, enter the password for the same into the assigned fields correctly. Drag your cursor and click Next. In case, you are utilizing dual band routers, then you have to opt for the host network, say 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz. After this, insert the password for it and click Next.
- Instantly, you will be presented with a dialogue box where you have to verify the extended network name of your router. Here, you have to overview the password and SSID network name of your router that you have opted for and then give your confirmation by tapping on the Confirm tab.
- In the end, you will indicate with a message stating “Your extender is now configured”. In this window, you have to place your cursor and tap on the Close button.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. What are the benefits of Belkin range extender?
Ans. Belkin range extenders are the most popular extenders that are used worldwide by the users to enjoy the high speed internet connection even in the areas where it is hard to reach. Some of the advantages that make it a perfect choice among any other extenders are explained below.
- The main advantage of using these extenders is that the Belkin extender setup process is very easy and straightforward. You don’t need much technical knowledge to set up and utilize these extenders.
- Just by setting up Belkin range extenders you can experience a quick, reliable and convenient network connection throughout your home.
- You can access the internet connection wherever sitting at your home for all the devices like mobile devices, tablets, iPads, laptops and computers.
- It broadened the internet network connection in the dead zones areas too.
Q2. How can I Reset the Belkin range extender to get rid of belkin range extender setup issues?
Ans. In case, you face some technical glitch or any other issue while setting up your belkin range extender, you can reset it just by following some easy to follow steps. These steps will definitely help you out in fixing these errors and enjoy the smooth functioning of the belkin range extender.
- The first step you need to perform is that simply power on your Belkin Range Extender.
- Now, look at the rear side of the extender and there you will notice the reset button.
- Thereafter, take the paper clip or pin like objects and press the Reset key with it. You need to hold down the Reset key for up to the 20-30 seconds.
- Afterwards, release the Reset key and later on reboot your belkin range extender.
- This completes the belkin extender reset process and now it will solve most of your belkin range extender setup issues completely.